Does Motivation Work on Me and My Future Students?


This first topic which is about “Motivating and Managing Students for Effective Learning has told me a lot of things. Before I learn this topic, I just think that motivation is merely a motivation. I think that motivation is everything that inspires me to do things in life. I do not really care which extrinsic or intrinsic motivation is.  I only know the name is motivation. But then, from this topic, I get many things. I know that motivation is not only about extrinsic or intrinsic motivation only, but also motivation has theories behind. There are some theories which are I just know it in MMSEL class. When I get to learn the theories, I just think and talk to myself that “oh, these theories are existed”. I really learn many new things in this first topic.
Then, after learning this topic, I know and understand clearly what motivation is, what types of motivation are, and also the real example of them.  Motivation is a process whereby goal-directed activities is investigated and sustained. Then, in order to increase self-motivation, I need some challenge to help that thing works. As a teacher candidate, I should promote motivation to learn for my future students. It is about students' tendencies to find academic activities meaningful and worthwhile and try to get the intended benefits from them. I think, it must be the hardest job to motivate students to get the meaningful learning and the benefits.
I know that motivation is divided into extrinsic and intrinsic motivation. Intrinsic is when I do something because myself want to do it. Then, extrinsic motivation is when I do something because I am inspired by other things outside of myself that makes me to do the thing. For me, it is okay whether to have the intrinsic or extrinsic motivation. It will be okay as long as my future students know what the meaningful learning and the benefits are. I am pretty sure that by the time, my future students will get their own motivation.
 Motivation is a process whereby goal-directed activities is investigated and sustained. Then, in order to increase self-motivation, I need some challenge to help that thing works.
I do not really understand on the theories of motivation part. I really get confused if I am asked to explain what I understand from this part. The theories are behavioral, humanistic, cognitive and social cognitive and sociocultural theories. I just know clearly the humanistic theories because I read and discuss it in group. But then, for the other theories, I just get mix up of them. I cannot differentiate clearly between them. Moreover, for the cognitive and social cognitive theories, I just cannot get the points, and I do not really understand about behavioral theories since the group presentation on board is not really clear.
But then, overall, this session is interesting. I realize what motivation that I have and also what I should do as a teacher one day. Motivation is something inside and one thing to make it out is by giving challenge (for my future students). I have stated above that this session is really meaningful for me as a teacher one day. I know what I should do to increase my students’ motivation to earn since I have learned about it in this session (definition, types, and theories). I am really satisfied with this session. I meet my expectation on learning this topic. Before I come to the class, I think that I will get something beneficial for me and my students. For sure, those are all true. After all, for the next session, I expect that I can learn new things which are beneficial for me and my profession one day.


Image Resourcehttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg-ctbOr-omvAVhdC0SjOmv2pvSkwz-ThcMmfG86S9pMuTpWS3sWL-ufW4vA8_RQwepi_tiIEyDE6bgafgE6l4vj1BuuWHmY5MokcQHJgaZfQpCzJ2r73k_Z80f6U9JSuXO7S6DbfXqyWc/s320/student-thinking2++momentumcareers+advice+com.jpg

0 comments: